function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Blanche Callazo 9Blanche Callazo 9 

How to save API in my develop org with a double underscore

I just created an object based on the custom object and fields - when I try to save the API name as Trail___c, as described, it will not allow me to save the field with the double underscore.
@Karanraj@Karanraj
API name of the object will be auto generated in salesforce with double underscore.
Todd Smith 32Todd Smith 32
User-added image
I had the same issue, I just created an object and the API did not have a double underscore.  I am trying to complete a Trailhead challenge  and I keep getting the error because it is not double underscore.
Justin CrestaniJustin Crestani
Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue.
Todd Smith 32Todd Smith 32
Justin, thanks for your response. As a matter of fact, I did get this resolved and I think the error code was misleading. The API name is auto-generated, but when I went back and revisited all of my entries, it looked like I had as typo which generated the error. The long underscore is actually a double underscore, just appears differently. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss or if you are still stuck. Thanks, Todd Smith Business Development Manager TGI 4848 Island Ave Philadelphia, PA 19153 www.tginc.com 609-284-3411 Cell Learn about this exciting TGI solution!
Bethany MaddoxBethany Maddox

I had the same problem. What I didn't know is that "__c" is appended to what ever I enter for that field. Per the instructions, I was trying to create the field with "__c". 

I wasn't able to save the field when entered that way, so I did it with a single underscore. Of course, my work didn't pass the validation check. However, when I looked at the custom obejct, I noticed that the system had appended "__c" to my entry.

I went back and edited the fields and saved. This worked and allowed me to pass the validation.