function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter CowenPeter Cowen 

Add a phone call section

I am wondering if anyone has created an area like ticket comments that will allow you to fill in if you call a customer relating to a case.

All I would like it to do is either a button you press called "Called Customer" and it displays a window where you enter person name - list of the call contents and it adds it to a phone call area or something. This will help us get a better case history, I.E. How many phone calls made - by who - what was mentioned in the phone call
Best Answer chosen by Peter Cowen
Derhyk Doggett -Derhyk Doggett -

You could utilize the standard Case Comments sections if you wanted to keep it simple.

For specifically tracking phone calls to the case I would suggest to create a child object of Case (ie Case Phone Calls) with a Master Detail lookup to the case (this way if case is deleted, the call records are also deleted).

Steps to do this would be:

Create a new Object (ie Case Phone Calls)
Make a Case ID lookup field for this object (Master-Detail) and reference the Case object.
Make other neccessary fields for tracking the details (ie Call Log, Contact, etc)
Add the Case Phone Calls related list to any Case page layouts you would like to see it on.

Then to log a call to the case you would navigate to the Case Phone Calls related list and select new.

All Answers

You could utilize the standard Case Comments sections if you wanted to keep it simple.

For specifically tracking phone calls to the case I would suggest to create a child object of Case (ie Case Phone Calls) with a Master Detail lookup to the case (this way if case is deleted, the call records are also deleted).

Steps to do this would be:

Create a new Object (ie Case Phone Calls)
Make a Case ID lookup field for this object (Master-Detail) and reference the Case object.
Make other neccessary fields for tracking the details (ie Call Log, Contact, etc)
Add the Case Phone Calls related list to any Case page layouts you would like to see it on.

Then to log a call to the case you would navigate to the Case Phone Calls related list and select new.

This was selected as the best answer
Peter CowenPeter Cowen
Thank you that has done the job. Will these be private or will it automatically mark it as public. I only want this to be internal only.

No problem :)
If you go the route of creating the Custom Object Case Phone Calls, it will be private.

For Case Comments, you have the option to mark them as public upon creation.

I hope that clears it up.

-derhyk