function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John McGlinnJohn McGlinn 

Visualforce issues within Support Console

Hi folks-

I've been working on this problem for several weeks where I've built a VF page to mimic the functionality of Case which includes related list functions such as "Send Email" and "Case Comments"

Instead of rebuilding the functionality of Send Email within VF, I direct the user to those standard pages and then use a redirect to my Visualforce page. 

When the user returns to the page, there is no refresh recording the sent email, the user has to do a hard refresh to see that update. 

The Console methods like Tab refresh explicity states that they don't work with Visualforce pages. Is there any way to accomplish this other than having to rebuild all that functionality within Visualforce?

I am happy to post my code, but it just a PageReference class to point the user back to the VF page. 

Hoping someone else has run across a similar issue. 

Much thanks!

Derhyk Doggett -Derhyk Doggett -

Not sure if this will help, I had a similar issue having the Service Console page refresh propoerly after inline edits on a visualforce panel.
The resolution was to edit the save button functionality to the following:

<script type="text/javascript">
           function RefreshSubtabById() {
              window.top.location='/console';
           }
       </script>
       <div align="center" draggable="false" >
       <apex:commandButton action="{!saveData}" id="inlineEditSave" value="Save" onclick="RefreshSubtabById()" style="text-decoration:none;padding:6px" />

Then the editable fields follow.
John McGlinnJohn McGlinn
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately "Send Email" and "Case Comment" page layouts don't allow you to access and meddle with "Save" functionality. It seems more like rebuilding those page and functionality in VF is the only way to go.