function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nikita VerkhoshintcevNikita Verkhoshintcev 

apex:actionSupport doesn't work in IE (up to IE11).

Hello,

I have a VisualForce page with the select element:

<apex:selectList value="{!StyleGuide}" size="1" styleClass="SlectBox" id="styleguideSelect">
  <apex:selectOptions value="{!StyleGuideOptions}"/>
  <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" onComplete="resetItems()" rerender="dropdownpanel, guidelines, imagespanel, result-count" action="{!doSearch}"/>
</apex:selectList>

Here is a compiled HTML:

<select id="j_id0:j_id60:dropdownpanel:generationTypes" name="j_id0:j_id60:dropdownpanel:generationTypes" class="SlectBox " size="1" onchange="A4J.AJAX.Submit('j_id0:j_id60',event,{'similarityGroupingId':'j_id0:j_id60:dropdownpanel:j_id64','oncomplete':function(request,event,data){resetItems()},'parameters':{'j_id0:j_id60:dropdownpanel:j_id64':'j_id0:j_id60:dropdownpanel:j_id64'} } )" style="display: none;"> 
  <option value="Generation 3" selected="selected">Generation 3</option>
  <option value="Generation 2">Generation 2</option>
  <option value="Generation 1">Generation 1</option>
</select>

It works perfectly fine in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE Edge. Doesn't work in IE up to 11. Selecting an option do nothing.

The error which I'm getting when page is loaded:

[Error] Could not retrieve a valid progID of Class: Microsoft.XMLDOM. (original exception: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: ActiveXObject)
It is thrown from Sarissa.js

The error when I'm selecting the option element:
TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'A4J.AJAX.Submit')

Is there any solution to fix that?
Thank you!

sslodhi87sslodhi87
Hi Nikita,

Use actionfunction instead of actionsupport, below mentioned is the code for same
<apex:actionfunction name="doSearchAF" rerender="dropdownpanel, guidelines, imagespanel, result-count" action="{!doSearch}"  onComplete="resetItems()" />

<apex:selectList value="{!StyleGuide}" size="1" styleClass="SlectBox" id="styleguideSelect" onchange="doSearchAF()">
              <apex:selectOptions value="{!StyleGuideOptions}"/>
</apex:selectList>

Please le me know if this helps you

Thanks
Nikita VerkhoshintcevNikita Verkhoshintcev

Hi,

Still doesn't work. Seems that there is no difference because it still tries to run A4J.AJAX.Submit function.
In the Internet Explorer A4J is an empty object, so A4J.AJAX returns undefined.

I've read that, probably, updating RichFaces from 3.3.3 to 4.x or patching Sarissa might help, but I have no idea how to do that in Salesforce if it's even possible.

Erhan FIRATErhan FIRAT
Same issue here. I could not found any solution, did you?
B SreenivasuluB Sreenivasulu
Hi,

i having problem in vf page. i want display phone number in vf page indian format, how does create in vf page.
pls let me know.

Thanks,
Sreeni