function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tim MinottiTim Minotti 

Workflow Rule based on previous stage date

We have a date field called book date....what we want to do is create workflow rule to update the bookdate to the date the opportunity stage was changed to "Order Form Recieved". Not sure how to update the field action on my workflow, anyone have any ideas?
Best Answer chosen by Tim Minotti
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Tim Minotti,
Create a workflow which only fires when the stage is "Order Form Recieved":
Rule :
Opportunity : Stage equals Order Form Recieved AND Opportunity : bookedDate equals null
User-added image
Then update the field bookedDate as :

formula :
today()
User-added image

Regards,
Ajay

All Answers

Vj@88Vj@88
When Stage is chaned to 'Order form Received', update the book date field with today's date.
SAHG-SFDCSAHG-SFDC
You can add new workflow action where the Opportunity stage is changed to "Order Form Recieved" then set the date to todays date
You can set every time the record is created/edited 
Tim MinottiTim Minotti

If I use the "Today" formula in my field update action, will the "booked date" field keep changing to the current day?

I want that field to only change one time, as soon as the stage is changed...will setting this to everytime the record is created and editied accomplish this?

Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Tim Minotti,
Create a workflow which only fires when the stage is "Order Form Recieved":
Rule :
Opportunity : Stage equals Order Form Recieved AND Opportunity : bookedDate equals null
User-added image
Then update the field bookedDate as :

formula :
today()
User-added image

Regards,
Ajay
This was selected as the best answer
Tim MinottiTim Minotti
Thanks!
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
When you use TODAY(), or any formula for that matter, in a workflow rule, it updates it to the formula's immediate value, and then the workflow is done. In other words if a record fired this rule, Book Date will be 4/29/2016 and tommorow, it will still be 4/29/2016.