function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rakshith RamachandraRakshith Ramachandra 

A Clickable image link on SalesForce homepage which opens up a SalesForce report

I trying to customize the SalesForce home page to show direct links to some of the important reports. The idea is to put a simple image on the homepage and when clicked on it, it redirects to a SF report (Let's assume it's ID is 00O370000020O7W)

Please let me know step by step how to achieve this?
Best Answer chosen by Rakshith Ramachandra
Vivek DVivek D
Try this, you can put the image url to whatever you want currently it will show a flag. 
<a href='/00O90000008xncT' target='_blank'>
     <apex:image id="theImage" value="/img/samples/flag_red.gif" width="25" height="35"/>
</a>

All Answers

Vivek DVivek D
Go to Customize -> Home Page Components -> click edit infront of custom link
In Bookmark add the name of the report, in URL just add /ReportId
Make sure custom link are visible in home page layout you can check that from Customize -> Home Page Layouts 
Thanks for your reply but how do I add images? When I click on the images they take me to the reports.
Vivek DVivek D
If you want to add images then you have to use VF page where you add images for the urls, and add that Vf component to the Home Page Layout
Right! I'm on the right track then. I tried creating the VF page and I'm struggling with it. Can you give me a simple code to embed an image in a VF page. This is what I've come up with now

<apex:page standardController="Account">
	<c:ReportChart reportId="00Oi0000000SeCQ" pv0="{!Account.Name}" />
</apex:page>

Vivek DVivek D
Try this, you can put the image url to whatever you want currently it will show a flag. 
<a href='/00O90000008xncT' target='_blank'>
     <apex:image id="theImage" value="/img/samples/flag_red.gif" width="25" height="35"/>
</a>

This was selected as the best answer