function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian OversonBrian Overson 

Eliminate Pardot activities from "Activity History" (but keep "Pardot Activity" section)

Our organization would like to eliminate Pardot-related activities out of the Activity History within our leads, contacts and accounts, We want to keep the Pardot Activity section, but our sales team no longer wants Pardot activites listed in the Activity History because they feel it fills up their timeline and makes it hard to identify their personal communications with leads, contacts and accounts. 

From what I understand, this is something that would need to be custom-coded. We do not have Premier Salesforce support, but pay a lot of money annually for Salesforce licenses, and feel like this is a reasonable request. Please let us know what you can do about this. Thank you! 

Brian Overson
(952) 334-3181 
boverson@brandpoint.com
Meredith KleinowMeredith Kleinow
Go to Pardot > Admin > Connectors > Salesforce.com > gear icon > Edit
Under Email Logging, uncheck the box for "Sync emails with the CRM"
This will prevent Pardot emails from being logged under SF activity history.
This is not retroactive, so if you want to remove the past Pardot activities, you'll have to run a delete operation in SF through Jitterbit/Apex data loader.

User-added image
Linda MonroeLinda Monroe
Thank you so much!!  I've been trying to find this answer for a couple of weeks now!  Makes our lives much easier!
Steve FrusoloneSteve Frusolone
I am a bit confused. I was on a Pardot Open Conference this morning and they told me that having Pardot activities show up in Salesforce in the "Activity" section (by Related and Chatter) is not possible and the only place to view this info is under the Pardot Activities (in our case near the bottom of a lead or contact). 
Jon GradmanJon Gradman
I think they mean emails rather than Pardot tracked things like page views.
Kerry Doyle 5Kerry Doyle 5
My team was having the same issue of Pardot emails flooding their activity timeline. If I deselect "sync emails with CRM", will this eliminate the ability to pull the email information in a standard activity report?
Ellen TaussigEllen Taussig
Hi Kerry - did you ever figure this out?  I don't want to stop syncing if that will diable reporting.