function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tonantetonante 

InLine VisualForce Page does not display well for SF1 mobile Display

HI,
I have an assignment to create in-line Visualforce page in order to have that display in the Acocunt Detail Page but while this is great for desktop, we need to somehow make this displayable in SF1 for mobile. I was told that Related Lists were the best way to go in order to display the information we need but sadly, we can't use custom SOQL-like filtering on rleated lists yet.

Q) Is the only solution to:
Create a custom object that will be used in a master-detail relationship with the master/StandardController object as its parent. (That's because  each related list object points back to the master/StandardController object with that master object's ID and can therefore be used as a related list)?

I was thinking that this would be the best way so far  because you could remove the task of creating pages and controller classes by creating this custom object. The way to load the filtered records into the custom object would be to do this:

Example: Load all  Advancement Opportunities  (a specific opportunity basedon recpord type) into a Custom Advancement Opportunity object (653 records in Sandbox) which has an AccountID field. Every time a new Advancement Opportunity record is created a trigger  (set to fire on Opportunity After Insert)  would fire to load the desired  data fields from the that Advancement  Opportunity into the Custom Advancement Opportunity object. Somewhat wasteful just to get a filtered related list but there seems to be no other way in SFDC b ut at least it would show up OK in SF1 mobile.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Best Answer chosen by tonante
tonantetonante
I may have one possible solution. Instead of going trhough all of the extra worked involved in something that wasteful, I could just add the VF Page to the Account's Buttons, Links and Actions as a new page to be added to SF1 as a navigation action. This oculd offer thebest alternative for what we need. Otherwise we'd have to look at either flex pages , global options , or compact layouts(? - excpet this layout doesn;t give you the ability to use custom SOQL queries on the fields you select that I know of).