function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brittany DewbBrittany Dewb 

Creating Object-Specific Quick Actions - Wrong Account Fields?

Hi, I can't figure out what I'm missing... I've come back to "Creating Object-Specific Quick Actions" quite a few times now, and keep getting the same error:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
You do not have the correct account fields in the 'Update Account Information' quick action layout

In Setup, I'm in Account Buttons Links and Actions.  I've added a New Action to Update Account Information. I Edited the Layout to add the 4 fields requested: 'Account Name', 'Rating', 'Employees', and 'Annual Revenue'. Saved and added to Account Layout in both regular and Salesforce1 sections. 

After getting that error a few times, I've gone back in and tried these things and more, none of which worked:
- Added Quick Action to all 4 Account Layouts listed
- Tried adding fields as Predefined Field Values instead of just in the Layout
- Deleting and re-creating the Quick Action
- Adding all fields to the Layout instead of just the 4 listed

Please help!
Best Answer chosen by Brittany Dewb
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi Brittany Dewb,

Label of the Action should be "Update Account Information" and API name should be "Update_Account_Information".

User-added image

Let us know if this will help you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary

All Answers

Please check below post for solution
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BNXVIA4
2) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F0000000BJFVIA4

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
Hi Amit,

Unfortunately those links are not helping with my issue, as they have a different error message.  Mine is specifically about the fields in the quick action layout.  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Brittany
Sure - here's the Action I created under Accounts:
User-added image

Action details:
User-added image

Action Layout: 
User-added image

Account Page Layouts (I added the Action to ALL layouts)
User-added image
Where I added the Action on each layout:
User-added image

Error message and full instructions:

User-added image
Hi Brittany Dewb,

Label of the Action should be "Update Account Information" and API name should be "Update_Account_Information".

User-added image

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary

This was selected as the best answer
Hi Amit, That would not work for me. The option for the Action label in the dropdown field is "Update ", which turns out to be "Update Account". That's why only the API name is the full "Update_Account_Information". Either way, I would assume the error message would read "Incorrect Label" or something like that instead of "You do not have the correct account fields in the 'Update Account Information' quick action layout" Any other ideas? Thanks again.
If you want i can look into your org to see the issue. Feel free to connect with me on my email id "amit.salesforce21@gmail.com"
Please check Field level access for all 4 field which you added on page layout and try again.
Hey if anyone arrives on this page looking for an answer, here's what worked:

I chose the Action “Type” as “Update a Record” because of the wording in the challenge/question.  Amit tried using “Create a Record” and it worked. That was the only difference, so hopefully it will work for you.  

It would be a good idea for Trailhead to change their wording in the challenge to specify.
chris englertchris englert
ok I tried it both ways and I connot see what im doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Michelle BentleyMichelle Bentley
I am having the same issue Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The object-specific quick action was not created on the Account object, or it was not called 'Update Account Information'. I used update a record the first time, and then Create a record. I added the 4 fields, and can see Update Account Information as a quick action and am able to add it to the page layout in the Salesforce1 bar. Still get hte error message? 
Sowjanya SarideSowjanya Saride
Hello All,
Anyone who is referring to this page may have this solution.
According to 'Brittany Dewb' error message: Trailhead is not able to find the label " Update Account Information" . 
As you can see in the snaphot of Action page he provided, The Label is " Update Acdcount" 'Information is missing.
I had the same situation. Here is what worked for me:
User-added image
Chose Action  Type : ' Update a REcord' and  the Standard Label Type to NONE, then the label of the Action would be The Label name you entered.
What happens when you select 'Update[Record] ' in Standard Label Type picklist is SF replaces The object name in [Record] so it would be Update Account irrespective of you giving the Label Name.
If you Select NONE, it just takes the label name you have given. And the trailhead can find the label name its trying to look .
Hence your challenge will be completed.
This is what happened in my case. Hope it helps you.

I successfully completed my challenge. But,
I can't see in my Salesforce1(in my mobile). That's the pity thing.. Can anybody say where its exactly be seen?
NOTE: I did add this Action to my Salesforce1 Account layout.
User-added image
Thanks!

Amanda Baskind 12Amanda Baskind 12
Thank You Sowjanya!!! Your instructions helped me complete this challenge that was taking me hours. I also have the problem of my quick action not showing up on SF1, but happy that I at least completed the challenge. Thanks again (-: