function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ed BowdenEd Bowden 

Integrating External Data Challenge

When I go to change the field type for UUID to Indirect Lookup Relationship the only choice in the "Step 2: Choose the related object:" is Account and I need the User Object.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.
TusarTusar
Can you please provide additional details..what is the source object?
Dutta SouravDutta Sourav
Hi,
You need to go to Setup | Manage Users | Users. Click “Edit” for just one of your users. Put “0000123442” in the Phone UUID field under the Additional Information heading. Click Save.
You only need to do this once. Then, as long as you have the rest of the Challenge finished, it should let you complete it.

Hope it helps you.

Kind Regards,
Sourav.
Ed BowdenEd Bowden
Thank you for the replies.  I tried Sourav's suggestion and received the following error:
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object."

Ed BowdenEd Bowden
Here is a screenshot of the issue:

The only Standard Object listed in the dropdown is Account, User is not available.

Ed BowdenEd Bowden
I am trying to change the field type on UUID.  The only choice in the dropdown is Account and I need User.
Ed BowdenEd Bowden
I am still stuck here I would appreciate any ideas.  I have deleted and re-established the Mobile Phones exteral data source and erased and re-created the Phone and Phone Plan external objects.  The issue I am having is that when I go to the UUID field on the Phone external object and try to change the field type to indirect lookup relationship the only choice in the Standard Object drop-down is Account and I need the User object to be able to select Phone_UUID field.  I have tried the work-around listed above and elsewhere where it was suggested to enter different values in the Phone_UUID field but I still receive the same error message.  I think I understand what the issue is I just don't seem to have the ability to address the issue.

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object."
Ed BowdenEd Bowden
Tusar and Sourav, any further thoughts? 
Ed BowdenEd Bowden
In the interest of closing the thread and providing information to others who may run into a similar issue.  I figured out the problem.  The Phone-UUID field needs to have both the Unique and External ID boxes selected.  I only had the External ID box selected initially.  As soon as I checked the "Do not allow duplicate values" checkbox and saved the User object appeared in the "Related To:" drop down box shown above.  I was able to complete the challenge successfully.
Peter TerzianPeter Terzian
Ed got it right! 

I had some trouble finding where to set the check box. Use Object Mgr, select User, Phone_UUID- edit and check the damn box. I spent all day on this train wreck for my 500 points.

User-added image  

Also had to do this part as the last step in the challenge:  Setup | Manage Users | Users. Click “Edit” for just one of your users. Put “0000123442” in the Phone UUID field under the Additional Information heading. Click Save.
James Vezina 8James Vezina 8
Thanks!  I had to comb through all this to get it all right.  I had the Unique & External checked.  My issue was the way they phrased "Update any existing User record in your Developer Edition instance to have a value of '0000123442' for the 'Phone_UUID__c' field."  I took it originally to mean "ALL existing records" instead of "AN existing record".