function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dan Zeller 44Dan Zeller 44 

Compact Layout - "Either the contact object does not have a compact layout named 'Phone and Email', or it is not set as the primary compact layout"

I am trying to complete the "Customizing Compact Layouts" challenge and continually get "Either the contact object does not have a compact layout named 'Phone and Email', or it is not set as the primary compact layout" error message.

I have created the Compact Layout and it looks correct:
User-added image

I found this post:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?communityId=09aF00000004HMGIA2#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=906F0000000BVbdIAG

and have the API name set correctly, but still won't let me complete the challenge.

Any help would be great - thanks!
Dan Zeller 44Dan Zeller 44
I had to log out of both Trailhead and Salesforce Developer sites and then log back in.  This fixed my issue.
Kelly Johnson 8Kelly Johnson 8
I am having the same issue as Dan. Tried logging in and out and that didn't work.
Ana Karen HernandezAna Karen Hernandez
Hello, 

the same is happening to me "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Either the contact object does not have a compact layout named 'Phone and Email', or it is not set as the primary compact layout" I think I´ve done everything right so don´t know what´s happening...
Keith BeardKeith Beard
Having the same issue with compact layout in the Salesforce1 Mobile Customize Compact Layouts chapter.  My settings look jsut like the examples.