function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pablo Gil CarpioPablo Gil Carpio 

Visualforce: New Notes related list button is not working.

Hi,

I'm having this issue when I click on "New Note" Button: The button is not working.
User-added image

<apex:relatedList list="AttachedContentNotes"/>

Any clue? 

I can add notes without using my visualforce page, using the defalut layout.

Thanks,

Pablo G.

nagendra 6989nagendra 6989
HI Pablo Gil Carpio,

If the enhanced note-taking tool,is currently enabled for your org you'll find the "New Note" button has been moved from the standard Notes & Attachments related list to a newly introduced Notes related list with Winter '16. The new Notes specific related list must be applied to page layouts in order for users to continue creating notes with the enhanced note-taking tool.To see if your organization has the enhanced note-taking tool enabled navigate to Setup, click Customize | Notes | Notes Settings.

f you would like to continue using the enhanced note-taking feature, an administrator will need to first Configure Page Layouts for Notes so that users can view and create Notes via the newly introduced related list after the Winter '16 release:
Anand SinghAnand Singh
I was able to resolve this issue.
"New Note" button will not work as feed is missing in VF page.
You can explicitly add newsfeed and hide using javascript.
Code below:

<style>
            .hidden 
            { 
            display: none; 
            } 
</style>

<div class="hidden">
    <chatter:newsfeed />
 </div> 

<apex:relatedList list="AttachedContentNotes" />

Lahari MuthyalaLahari Muthyala
Hi Anand 
Can you please let me know whats relation here with newsfeed and notes ? 
Anand SinghAnand Singh
Hi Lahari,

Enhanced notes utilizes chatter architecture. That is - once enhanced notes is created, data/record is stored in ContentDocument object and linkage is created using ContentDocumentlink object (data displayed using feed).

contentdocument object also stores Files and CRM content.

hope it clarifies why feed is required.
charles ada 1charles ada 1

Today going to present the great signature font called Roboto which is better for signature, marking, wedding, design, photography, banner, web-based social networking, promotion flag, and all the more, for example, it.
http://roboto-font.mystrikingly.com/