function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdrianCCAdrianCC 

Single-Sign On and My Domain related to multiple user domains

Hello all,

We have a partial implementation of the Single-Sign On in our Production. 
A few years ago it was activated and setup for integration to work with our Windows domain users. But the process was not completed, the users did not get their Federation Ids in place, and because of that we are getting some errors right now.

For example: when users click a Salesforce link received by email, or in the chatter desktop app, or when the SFDC session expired they do not get the default login page thats provided as standard in Salesforce(login.salesforce.com). They get an error page because the Single-Sign On failed automatically and they do not know how to work around it. 

My questions are:
1. Can we safely disable this partial implementation of SSO? (Go to Setup> Single-Sign On Settings> Edit SAML Enabled and set it to false) 

2. We also have My Domain activated for this instance. This also appears in all emails sent, in all the links. Can we change it back to the simple login.salesforce.com? If we disable SSO is the url going to change?

3. In the future we are going to unify our Windows domains and we'll probably want to enable and have SSO functional. 
Can we have Single-Sign On for multiple user domains? Is this dependant on Salesforce or on the SAML server? 

4. If we keep SSO can we have the normal login.salesforce.com page for the non-domain users? Like the chatter users

Any idea or help is greatly appreciated :) , we do not have too much experience with SSO and Salesforce Support has redirected us here, cause it is a dev problem and they don't deal with those

Thanks and Happy Friday!
Adrian