function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FrazierFrazier 

Customer Portal - Users are not receiving reset password email

I could use some assistance. We have a SalesForce customer portal and in a number of my orgs, the reset password email is not being sent to the users, either via the Forgot Password link or the Admin Reset Password button in User tab. The Forgot Username email works as expected though. The Forgot Password flow works fine in some of my other orgs and as far as I can tell, all settings are identical.

I have verified in Setup -> Email Administration -> Deliverability that Access Level is set to 'All email'.
In Setup -> Email Administration -> Test Deliverability, I have verified that I receive all 48 test emails.
In Setup -> Communication Templates -> Email Templates -> Forgot Password, I have tried the 'Send Test and Verify Merge Fields' and received the test email.
The Email Log File shows that all forgot password emails are being delivered and received (although they never actually make it to the inbox).

I am not sure if there is an issue with Site.forgotPassword() or if somehow the Forgot Password email template is not mapped properly to the Forgot Password workflow. I do know that the orgs that are having issues have the same managed package as the orgs that are working.  
Not sure where to go from here?

Any help is appreciated.
Best Answer chosen by Frazier
FrazierFrazier
I have found the issue.  In Customer Portal Settings -> Portal Edit, the templates were not selected in the Email Notification Settings area. After adding these templates, the Forgot Password emails are flowing as expected.

I am a bit concerned that the only way to get to these is an 'Edit' link next to the portal name as opposed to the section listed directly under that titled 'Set Default Email Templates for All Portals'.  That does not seem to be intuitive in the least.

All Answers

Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi,
Possible reasons:
1. Test Deliverability sends 52 test emails.
2. Some times, I have seen that it reaches Junk folder as well. So keep an eye on that folder.
3. If you have multiple email servers, try to receive emails on different server (service) than your regular email server.
FrazierFrazier
Thanks for your response Sumeet.
  1. In my orgs, Test Deliverability specifically states that it sends 48 emails, all of which are received. I also tested this on an org that is working properly and 48 emails were received there as well.
  2. As of yet, I have received nothing in my Junk/Spam folders.
  3. This has been occurring for some time now in our production environment and we have many reports from customers, which use a wide variety of email services, not receiving their Reset Password emails. I have personally tried to have the emails sent to my Outlook, Gmail, and Yahoo accounts.
I have also tried removing the Merge Fields from the existing Forgot Password email template as well as creating a new Forgot Password email template.
FrazierFrazier
I have found the issue.  In Customer Portal Settings -> Portal Edit, the templates were not selected in the Email Notification Settings area. After adding these templates, the Forgot Password emails are flowing as expected.

I am a bit concerned that the only way to get to these is an 'Edit' link next to the portal name as opposed to the section listed directly under that titled 'Set Default Email Templates for All Portals'.  That does not seem to be intuitive in the least.
This was selected as the best answer
Suzanne TimmerhansSuzanne Timmerhans
I am using a Partner Community - not portal - am having issues with the reset password email sending the URL for a now inactive Community I had originally set up when we activated Communities.  Salesforce claims there have no record of this problem yet I see case after case here with issues related to Community email reset, change or forgot emails.  These were auto-set by Salesforce when I activated Communities and since that was many updates ago - I suspect that the merge field Community_Url is no longer functioning properly.  Not sure how I can apply Frazier's answer since I am not dealing with a portal but I have already set all emails to Default so that should not be my issue.  Any insight into this whole thing???
Carmen Nixon 5Carmen Nixon 5
@Frazier - we are using communities and when setting up the email template the url is not recognized nor the email is being sent to the user. In addition the password reset link from login page is not working, even though we have VF page (default) linked but this doesn't seem to be loading. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Vikash Mishra 9Vikash Mishra 9
Calculate your age in just a second using Fast age calculator (http://fastagecalculator.com)
Vikash Mishra 9Vikash Mishra 9
We provide it help to student who want to make his career in Information technology. 
njit tuition (http://it-helpline.com/njit-tuition)
Podi AppsPodi Apps
Please check email settings in Customer Portal Settings -> Portal Edit
Thanks
Best iOS app for manag reading (https://tachiyomiapk.com/ios-alternatives-for-tachiyomi-tachiyomi-for-apple-ios/)
Youtreex.ComYoutreex.Com
Your blog is very useful for everyone.
Thanks for sharing this pricious information.
My website is most popular for Status, Jokes, Poems, Shayari and Wishes. Good Morning Shayari in hindi you can read here.
(https://youtreex.com/good-morning-shayari/)
YouTreex is a Hindi poetry platform where anyone can contribute to earn the fame. India's youth writers share their status, jokes, shayari, quotes and stories here on daily basis.