+ Start a Discussion
LBSLBS 

UNSUPPORTED_API_VERSION issue

Hi There,
I'm using enterprise wsdl in .Net application to run sfdc webservices. Recently when I try to run the application I keep getting following error. Any idea how to avoid the issue?

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: UNSUPPORTED_API_VERSION: Invalid Api version specified on URL at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

I couldn't find a place to change the API version before generate Enterprise WDSL to use as web reference. So from where shall I change the API version to avoid this issue? Or else is there any workaround to avoid this issue. 

Thanks, Lahiru
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi,
Have you installed any new packages within the Org followed by Web reference refresh ?
Do you get this error while web service logging in SF OR while performing other operation or is it compile error ?

LBSLBS
Well it came from the login. As a tempararly solution I was able to downgrade the API versin app.config file
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger

What release is the Org on that you are generating the Enterprise API from?

I.e. Is the generating org on Spring '16? If so, you couldn't then use that v36.0 SOAP services with a Winter '16 (v35.0) org.

You can't control the API version that is generated with the Enterprise API. You could try changing the endpoint URL to change the 36.0 part to 35.0. Otherwise the Partner API can be more flexible in this scenario.