function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Account and contacts | duplicating Account , Is it possible to reuse Contact in new object?

Hello,

In salesforce, "Accounts" and "Contacts" exsist, Many contacts can be related to account.
I wanted to duplicate the object Accounts. I have new object named AccountX but the related list contact does not exsist.

Is it mandatory to create a new object which will act as contact and then only i can have a master detail relationship possible ?

Best Answer chosen by Ab
Arun KumarArun Kumar
Hi Sandrine,

You need to create a lookup field on Contact object names as AccountX. As custom object can't be Master of Any standard object.

Then create AccountX record and assign its value tp as many contact records, you will see th related list.

Thanks,
Arun

All Answers

Arun KumarArun Kumar
Hi Sandrine,

You need to create a lookup field on Contact object names as AccountX. As custom object can't be Master of Any standard object.

Then create AccountX record and assign its value tp as many contact records, you will see th related list.

Thanks,
Arun
This was selected as the best answer
AbAb
I want "AccountX" as master and "Contacts" as detail in the related list.
Can you reexplain the steps now,

Thank you
Arun KumarArun Kumar
Hi,

As I said you can't make Contact as child to any Custom object as it's a standard object.

What you can do is:
Create AccountX object.
Create A new lookupField on Contact Object referring to AccountX.

Now you will be able to see the related list under AccoutX.

Thanks,
Arun
AbAb
doing above steps, Will the AccountX and Contacts accociated to it, will they behave as Master detail relations ?
Arun KumarArun Kumar
As I said you can't make a custom object Master to any Standard object. but you will be having a list.

For Master Detail behaviour we can go for trigger on AccountX object.

Please let me know if the helps.

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer.
Additionaly you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you.

Thanks,
Arun