function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aaliya YusufzaiAaliya Yusufzai 

Creating a formula Check box field if Profile is

I'm not sure how to create a formula check box field on the Lead object to say if Profile is ________ & profile is __________, then True.  
So, I need the check box to be checked when a particular Profile creates the lead. 
Best Answer chosen by Aaliya Yusufzai
RaidanRaidan
I'm sorry. You are supposed to use OR instead of AND. Can you please change the formula to use OR?

All Answers

RaidanRaidan
Hi,

You can use the $User.ProfileId field.

How can i write the formula

RaidanRaidan
AND($User.ProfileId = '<id of profile 1>', $User.ProfileId = '<id of profile 2>')
​

Replace the <id of profile 1> and <id of profile 2> with the Id of the profile you want to compare.

*** Please mark the answer if it resolves your question. Thanks!

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.  I haven't gotten an error message and saved the Formula Checkbox Field, however, the checkbox is not checked for those profiles when I check a Lead.  Am i Missing something?
Here is the formula
AND($User.ProfileId = "00eU0000000tpte", $User.ProfileId = "00eU0000000UvRw", TRUE)
RaidanRaidan
I'm sorry. You are supposed to use OR instead of AND. Can you please change the formula to use OR?
This was selected as the best answer
RaidanRaidan
And do not add TRUE at the end. 
I've made the change as you suggested and it now looks like this:

OR ($User.ProfileId = "00eU0000000tpte", $User.ProfileId = "00eU0000000UvRw")

It is still not working.  How will the system know make the formula checkbox field add a check to that field?
Thank you for your help:  What ended up working was the following: OR(Owner:User.ProfileId = "00eU0000000svpt", Owner:User.ProfileId = "00eU0000000RmR2", Owner:User.ProfileId = "00eU0000000RlkO",Owner:User.ProfileId = "00eU00000011i1w")