function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Somasundaram S 1Somasundaram S 1 

have a field from activity in account

HI
    I would like to keep a field from activity in account object, is it possible? please advise me.
thanks
soma
Jasveer
in lookup i couldnt get the activity object name , 
my requirement is i have a date field in acitivity , i want to bring this field in account by formula field , how to do pls suggets me

Laraib_JafriLaraib_Jafri
You can't do that using a Formula field, but you could just make that Activity field visibile on the Activities Related list section on the Account Layout.
My idea is store the date field value from activity in account. and use this field value in report.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Somasundaram,

To create Report with Activities field and Account, we have an option called Activities with Account in select report types; there you will have both account fields and activity fields.

Please see below screenshot

User-added image

User-added image

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Sandhya
             My requirement is i would like to update a field from activity to account for existing records. for example when ever i create a activity based on certain condition i would like to update a field value in account. for future record i can manage using process builder for existing record by using formula field i would like to update . 
Sandhya
               I would like to remove duplicate record in report in one of your reply you suggested to create a custom text field , would liek to know where should i create custom field in object? or in report? please advise
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000kHaIIAU