function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tianyi LiTianyi Li 

Opportunity - Quote - Order out-of-the-box integration

Hello all the experts out there: I am going through Order objects and find no way of linking orders to opportunity or quotes. The lookup relationship are all there on the order objects, and I can add related order lists to Oppty or Quote object. But the linkages out of the box just don't happen. Even adding "Opportunity" and "Quote" fields onto the Order page layout does nothing. Can anyone enlighten me? Sorry if the question is a little basic. Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Tianyi Li
Rakesh51Rakesh51
You have few options
Out of the box, there are no relationships between  Opportunity - Quote X Order, if you want to auto populate order line item from Opportunity line items or Quote then you have to write 

1. Apex trigger
2. Process Builder with Flow 
3. AppExchange app that will help you to "​Automatically Generate Orders from Opportunities or Quotes" ​https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000B5iwHEAR

All Answers

Rakesh51Rakesh51
You have few options
Out of the box, there are no relationships between  Opportunity - Quote X Order, if you want to auto populate order line item from Opportunity line items or Quote then you have to write 

1. Apex trigger
2. Process Builder with Flow 
3. AppExchange app that will help you to "​Automatically Generate Orders from Opportunities or Quotes" ​https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000B5iwHEAR
This was selected as the best answer
Tianyi LiTianyi Li
Thank you. This is the area where improvements are urgently needed in future releases. Sales cloud seriously lacks rich functionality beyond opportunity managements, this is 7 years too late since 2009. 

This is weakness has been constantly exploited by rivals NetSuite and Oracle alike which have rich cloud-bases features all the way extending to back office.