function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jessie ElliottJessie Elliott 

Issues with Dashboard Hover menu icon - it is missing!

Hello,

I'm working through the Admin Beginner Module in Trailhead, and have come across an issue where I cannot view the Hover menu icon. However, I've already gone to the Reports and Dashboard seetings and checked "Enable Dashboard Component Snapshots", as well as going to Chatter/Feed Tracking and checked "Enable Feed Tracking" and all components for both Reports and Dashboards, but still don't have the Hover menu icon to be able to Follow or post a snapshot of by Dashboard component. Any thoughts?

User-added image

Thanks,

Jessie
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
I believe that you need to go to the Dashboard page itself to take a snapshot of it.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jessie,

You can take a snapshot of Dashboard from setup --- dashboards page itself.

User-added image

If this helps you mark it as solved choosing BestAnswer.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Belinda BurgerBelinda Burger
I am also struggeling with the same problem. everything is enabled and it also doesn't work if i am on the Dashbord page
Carmen Hirtle 7Carmen Hirtle 7
I have the same problem. No hover icon in the Dashboard's setup pag, as well :/
Carmen Hirtle 7Carmen Hirtle 7
solved the issue!
you have to enable feed tracking specifically for the dashboards section, then you can follow the component and only THEN does the hover option for snapshot sharing appear!

hope I could help you :)
Nida Shaikh 17Nida Shaikh 17
Yes I was facing the same issue.. Feed Tracking enabled for Dashboards, and it worked... Thanks Carmen :)
Sanjana RamchurunSanjana Ramchurun
Enable Feed Tracking for Dashboards! : Setup > Feed Tracking > Dashboard > Enable Feed Tracking