function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
S_BatmanS_Batman 

Count number of Activities based on date and specific type

I am trying to create a field which would count number of activities starting August 1, 2016.  However, I would want it to stop counting once 'Specific' field within Activities is selected as Conversation.

What I am trying to accomplish is having 7 touches (emails, voicemails, dials) one one Account labelled Type = Top X.  Once 7 touches and a conversation did NOT take place, I would remove these Accounts from the bucket and place it under different one Type = Nurture.  
But before or on the 7th touch, if a conversation did take place (Specific = Conversation), I want to keep them under the Top X Bucket.  

Changing the bucket I can do manually, but I do require the counter field.  
Is this possible to do with APEX?  I have created counter field before, but I have never done something with a date and the counter stopping at a specific time.

Any help is appreciated!
YiqinYiqin
It sounds like a trigger could solve your problem.
S_BatmanS_Batman
So I gave the trigger a shot -

trigger ActivityConversationCount on Activity (after inser, after delete, after undelete, after update) {
 set<Id> accIds = new set<Id>();

if(trigger.isinsert || trigger.isUpdate || trigger.ISundelete){
        for(Activity con: Trigger.new){
            if(Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isUndelete || (con.Conversation__c !=Trigger.oldMap.get(con.Id).Conversation__c
                                                            ))
                accIds.add(con.AccountId);
        }
    }

if(trigger.isUpdate || trigger.isDelete) {
        for(Contact con: Trigger.old){
            if(trigger.isDelete || (con.Conversation__c != Trigger.newMap.get(con.ID).Conversation__c
                                  ))
            accIds.add(con.AccountId);
        }
    }

if(!accIds.isEmpty()) {
        List<Account> accList = [select id, Number_of_Activities__c, (Select Id, Conversation__c from Contacts) from Account Where ID IN: accIds];

for(Account acc : accList){
            system.debug('Activity--->'+acc.activities.size());
            acc.Number_of_Activities__c = 0;
            for(Contact con : acc.Contacts) {
                if(con.Conversation__c)
                    acc.Number_of_Activities__c++;
            }
        }
        update accList;
    }
}

I was trying to have a place where Activities will be counted, but still not sure how to start counting after the due date is August 1/16 and for it to stop when Specific = Conversation..