function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
James Byron 32James Byron 32 

Visualforce reference to unknown APEX resource

Hello,

I am updating a Visualforce page , which is a part of a Force.com Comunity site.  The site is an application that propsective students complete to apply for admission to my organizaition, so there is a login created for each student.  The first Visualforce page is called MyProfile, and it includes the following code:

<!-- Starting of Personal Data Section Fields List -->
                <apex:pageBlockSection collapsible="false" id="personalData" columns="1" > 
                    <apex:outputPanel layout="block" style="float:left;" id="studentDiv1" styleClass="studentDiv1">
                        <apex:repeat value="{!PersonalDataFields}" var="studentInfo">
                            <apex:pageBlockSection >
                                <apex:pageblocksectionItem rendered="{!studentInfo.fieldPath != 'Birthdate_WC__c' && studentInfo.fieldPath != 'Other_Last_Names_Used__c' && studentInfo.fieldPath != 'Other_Last_Names__c' && studentInfo.fieldPath != 'SSN1__c'}">
                                    <apex:outputLabel value="{!mapFieldLabels[studentInfo.fieldPath]}" style="text-align: left;" />
                                    <apex:inputField styleClass="form-control"   label="" value="{!student[studentInfo.fieldPath]}" required="{!OR(studentInfo.required,studentInfo.dbrequired)}"   />
                                </apex:pageblocksectionItem>

What I don't understand is what the {!PersonalDataFields} is referring to.  From the controller class for this visualforce page, I see several public variables available to the visualforce page, but nothing by the name PersonalDataFields.  Here's the first few lines from the controller class.

public class MyInformationController { 
    public Contact student {get;set;}
    public EnrollmentrxRx__Enrollment_Opportunity__c currentApplicationInfo {get;set;}// current application which user has applied for  
    public Map<String, String> mapFieldLabels {get;set;}// map contains field api name and corresponding label name
    public Map<String, String> mapCitizenshipFieldLabels {get;set;}// map contains field api name and corresponding label name
    public Map<String, String> mapAddressFieldLabels {get;set;}// map contains field api name and corresponding label name
    public Map<String, String> mapEnrollmentQuestionFieldLabels {get;set;}// map contains field api name and corresponding label name
    public Map<String, String> mapContactFieldLabels {get;set;}// map contains field api name and corresponding label name
    public Boolean isPermSameAsPres {get;set;}
    public String reactivateTermId {get;set;}
    public Boolean isReactivateTerm {get;set;}
    public String StudentTypeValue {get; set;}

There is one function in the controller that claims to get these fields, but I don't see them stored in a variable by the correct name where this is called in the controller class.  Here is that function:

/*Function for fetch Perosnal Data Field Labels Information*/
    public List<schema.fieldsetmember> getPersonalDataFields(){
        return PortalUtility.getFields('Contact', 'PersonalDataSet');
    }

Is there somewhere else where the variable {!PersonalDataFields} could be located, or is it somehow created inside the controller class without specifically declaring it as a public variable?

Thanks!
YiqinYiqin
If you have Force.com IDE installed, then a pretty fast and simple way is just searching through the entire project by your keyword see where it's referenced.