function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dale WorthingtonDale Worthington 

Field level permissions for the public profile on a site

Hi there
I have a Salesforce site set up, with a number of pages which are accessible without authenticating, i configured this by adding the VisualForce pages to the Site and then clicking on 'Public Access Settings' and made sure that the relevant objects had read (write where required) access. 

It seems that while the object has Read access there is a field which is hidden from the Public user, in searching the forums i can see that i should be able to modify the field level accessibility for the public user in much the same way you do for a normal profile but i cannot seem to find the field level accessibility button on the Public Profile (found by going to the site and clicking on 'Public access settings'). 

How do you change, or view the field level accessibility settings for the public user for the site?

Cheers
​Dale

Best Answer chosen by Dale Worthington
RupaliJRupaliJ
Hi Dale,

You can find 'Field Level Security' section on public site profile page.

User-added image

By clicking on 'View' link, you can set field permissions. Let me know if it helps.

Rupali.

All Answers

RupaliJRupaliJ
Hi Dale,

You can find 'Field Level Security' section on public site profile page.

User-added image

By clicking on 'View' link, you can set field permissions. Let me know if it helps.

Rupali.
This was selected as the best answer
Chris  ByromChris Byrom
If you go to the User Interface settings and enable "Enable Enhanced Profile List Views". You can get to the field permissions. Type the name of the object in the search box on the profile, and you can edit the settings for it.
Dale WorthingtonDale Worthington
Thank you both
I already had Enhanced Profile Lists turned on, however i was expecting a button at the top of the page like is on the object pages. Im just blind.