function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ihssan tazinyihssan taziny 

Difference Between Process builder and Workflow rule

In the trailhead for Process Automation : https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/force_com_dev_beginner/business_process_automation/process_whichtool 
it's mentioned that the workflow rule can configure action to be executed at different times : 
Configure actions to be executed at different times.
but when i consulted the interface of the Process builder we can establish immediate actions and MANY scheduled actions to be executed. so i don't know if it's an error or the Process Builder Has been updated in the last releases.

Thank you for you help.

Best Answer chosen by ihssan taziny
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
Yes, you are correct. That module is one of the first that Team Trailhead has put out there, and is in need of being updated to include more recent updates to Process Builder. The only thing that Workflow rules can do, that Process Builder cannot do, is to send Outbound API messages to an external system. (Note: an Outbound Message is not an email. Both Process Builder and WFRs can send email alerts.)

All Answers

FearNoneFearNone
Your observation is right. Both are time-based actions wherein you can specify the time when to execute some actions.
My advice is, use Process Builder as much as possible, it already supersedes workflow.
You can do everything with process builder already, except for a few items.

Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
Yes, you are correct. That module is one of the first that Team Trailhead has put out there, and is in need of being updated to include more recent updates to Process Builder. The only thing that Workflow rules can do, that Process Builder cannot do, is to send Outbound API messages to an external system. (Note: an Outbound Message is not an email. Both Process Builder and WFRs can send email alerts.)
This was selected as the best answer