function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ethan HotzEthan Hotz 

Can't pass CSS value to a pageblocktable rowClasses attribute from controller

I'm trying to implement row hiding/displaying functionality for a page of tables. Code below:
<apex:repeat var="dev" value="{!userList}">
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!dev.projectMap}" var="project" id="userTable" rendered="{!tableVisible}" columnsWidth="20%,8%" rowClasses="{!dev.isDisplayed}">

<apex:column id="devHeader" >
                <apex:facet name="header"><apex:commandLink action="{!dev.toggleVisible}">{!dev.userName.name}</apex:commandLink></apex:facet>
                <apex:outputLink id="dataDev" target="_blank" value="/{!project}" rendered="{!IF(project == null, false, true)}" >{!IF(project == caseID, 'Current Case', project)}</apex:outputLink> <!-- Set to caseNumber? -->

</apex:column>
            <apex:repeat value="{!dev.projectMap[project]}" var="date">

<apex:column headerValue="{!dev.totalHourMap[date]}" id="hourHeader"  headerClass="{!dev.colColor[date]}" > 
                 <apex:outputText id="dataOutput" rendered="{!IF(project == null || project == caseID, false, true)}">{!dev.projectMap[project][date]}</apex:outputText>
                 <apex:inputText id="dataInput" rendered="{!IF(project == caseID, true, false)}" value="{!dev.projectMap[project][date]}" style="width:20%"/>

</apex:column>

</apex:repeat>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:repeat>

Each "dev" is an instance of a wrapper class with an "isVisible" string that matches up with a respective CSS class containing 'display:none' or no styling. ToggleVisible() switches the value of the string. This system works perfectly on the 'hourheader' column header with colors, but for whatever reason, rowClasses doesn't read the parameter given(defaulted to display:none). If I set rowClasses equal to the CSS class directly, it works fine, and I can see that the toggling function is working in debug logs.

Is this due to some weird property with rowClasses? If so, and I can't get row toggling to work this way, does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I might implement it?