function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GIT CRMGIT CRM 

Flow Starting Opportunity ID Not being captured

I have a flow with a Fastlookup on the Opportunity and then a FastLookup on a custom object to pull information from the custom object and update back to the opportunity.  But the flow starting Opportunity ID is not getting pulled and i get an error that says the following:

"The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301xxxxxxxxxxxx. Contact your administrator for help." 

Please help on how to get the Starting Opp ID to go through the flow in order to update that specific Opp record.

Best Answer chosen by GIT CRM
Rakesh51Rakesh51
Action type :- Flow 
use Set flow variable section to pass the value to Flow variables 

User-added image

one screenshot for net 

All Answers

Rakesh51Rakesh51
Use custom button to pass the Opportunity ID or you can use Process Builder to pass the Opportunity iD. Could you please provide more info
GIT CRMGIT CRM
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
GIT CRMGIT CRM
Thanks for the reply!
I cannot use a button since it is an autoflow and need this to occur automatically on all opps.

the second screenshot is the fast lookup for the Opportunity.  What should the ID = ???  I had an input field but that is only useful if i add a "Screen" to the flow with a button for users to manually input the Opp ID.  I need the fast look up to pull the ID and hold it automatically to then pull info from a custom object and then update that specific Opportunity.

I also attached screenshot of the Process Builder - any ideas how i can get the Opp ID from the Process Builder and have it feed into the Flow?

Thank you again!
Rakesh51Rakesh51
1. check and make sure that you have selected OppId as Input and Output Type 
2. In the Immediate action, add one row to pass value to variable oppId
Rakesh51Rakesh51
1. check and make sure that you have selected OppId as Input and Output Type in Flow
2. In the Immediate action (Process Builder), add one row to pass value to variable oppId
GIT CRMGIT CRM
I updated the variable "OppId" to Input and Output.
What is the Action Type I select for the immediate action in the Process Builder to pass the value to variable "OppId"?!

If its easier - i can do a quick screenshare with you!

Thank you again!
Rakesh51Rakesh51
Action type :- Flow 
use Set flow variable section to pass the value to Flow variables 

User-added image

one screenshot for net 
This was selected as the best answer
GIT CRMGIT CRM
Awesome!  All works great!  Code is flawless!  Thank you!
Rakesh51Rakesh51
great. Please mark it best answer
GIT CRMGIT CRM
Done!  Thanks again