function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sonia GenesseSonia Genesse 

SF Integration Error: Caused by: Not in GZIP format

Good afternoon,

We have our ERP system integrated with SFDC via Boomi, and we often receive this error, and I was wondering if any someone coulld have a look at the latest error on 8/14/16 to see what was the response returned by SF when invoking Get Contacts method.

The error occurred while processing response received from the server. Boomi connector sends a request with "Content-Encoding: gzip" and expects a response from the server to have the same "Content-Encoding: gzip".

Per Boomi the root cause of the issue might be on eof the following, though they can't help me any further:

a) "done" flag on initial/first response was incorrectly set to query for more data.
b)  The server returned a response of different encoding, other than "gzip" - null response was returned for example

Error received executing Salesforce Get; Caused by: com.boomi.util.retry.RetryException: com.boomi.model.connector.common.salesforce.SalesforceException: Error received for Salesforce Query More; Caused by: com.boomi.model.connector.common.salesforce.SalesforceException: Error received for Salesforce Query More; Caused by: Error received for Salesforce Query More; Caused by: Error invoking soap operation; Caused by: The server sent HTTP status code 200: OK; Caused by: Not in GZIP format

Thank you in advance,
Sonia

Anupam Bansal (Capgemini)Anupam Bansal (Capgemini)
Hi Sonia,

The Content-encoding:gzip header in the request means that server expects the encoding to be in zip format. There is another header called Accept-encoding:gzip, which you should also include in the request, if your server should send response in the gzip format, however it is not mandatory for it to do so.

Here, is the link if you want to go into details of compression

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/intro_rest_compression.htm

Please try to add the Accept-encoding header and check if it resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Anupam Bansal

Hi Anupam,

We have created a test process and use Charles Proxy to capture the request. Please find the attachments. We do send "Accept-encoding:gzip" header tag on both Query & QueryMore requests to Salesforce.

Is there anything else missing in our requests?

First

Last

Query

Thanks!
Sonia
Hi Anupam ,

Have you had a chance to review my last update?

Thanks again,
Sonia
Hi Anupam ,

Have you had a chance to review my last update from August 19th?

I'm not certain of the expectation for level of support on this dev board.... 

Thanks again,
Sonia
Hi Anupam,

Have you had a chance to review my last update w/ screen shots?

Thanks
Sonia
Hi Anupam,

Are you able to provide any insight to my request?  

Since SF keeps log of all of our web service requests / responses. I know they keep very detailed logs regarding user interaction with the UI. Probably do the same with web service requests. Is this something you have access to, or should I open a Case for this?

Thanks,
Sonia