function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stavros McGillicuddyStavros McGillicuddy 

Multiple sandbox items push to production

I've made multiple changes in sandbox.. Custom fields, page layouts, modified picklists, workflows and apex buttons and reports.
I'm getting ready to push to production.

Is it a good practice to select all custom fields, layouts reports etc into the change set? Or, is there a way select all the changes made by my user?
Best Answer chosen by Stavros McGillicuddy
Prateek Singh SengarPrateek Singh Sengar
Hi Stavros,
The recommended approach is to only send the updated components. This way you can ensure that only approved and required changes are migrated to production.
Unfortunately there is no easy way to indentify the changed made by a particular user. Typically we request our developer to maintain a component list of the changes they have done and use it to add only relevant components to the changeset.

All Answers

Prateek Singh SengarPrateek Singh Sengar
Hi Stavros,
The recommended approach is to only send the updated components. This way you can ensure that only approved and required changes are migrated to production.
Unfortunately there is no easy way to indentify the changed made by a particular user. Typically we request our developer to maintain a component list of the changes they have done and use it to add only relevant components to the changeset.
This was selected as the best answer
Stavros McGillicuddyStavros McGillicuddy
Thank you. That makes sense