function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maelle Polak 8Maelle Polak 8 

How to enable the Lock filter in Lightning Report Builder?

In reports and dashboards superbadge, I cant validate challenge number 5 as trailhead says one of my reports, the 'Lightning Hobbies by Contact' report does not appear to have a locked filter. Documentation says that the filter can be enabled in report builder, but I can't find it. I can only see and edit the filters. Where is the option to lock the filters? Does it need to be enabled anywhere? Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Maelle Polak 8
Hans LissHans Liss
I got stuck on the same one. You need to create the report in Lightning Experience. The lock option is available there.

All Answers

Hans LissHans Liss
I got stuck on the same one. You need to create the report in Lightning Experience. The lock option is available there.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Hans, will give it a try :)
Hans LissHans Liss
If it helped you solve the problem, please mark it as "Best answer" to help others quickly find the solution.
Just to clarify - in case other people block on this later - the report does not need to be created in Lighnting, but at least edit the filters in Lightning.
Mark Thorn 8Mark Thorn 8
Is there a way to set up a report so that users can change filters but not delete the filters? Locking the filters seems to make it so you cannot delete or edit the filters values.. We want to leave the fitlers so that users cannot delete them, but still let them change the filter values..
Sruthi GunduSruthi Gundu
Hi .. I created a lightening report, but could not find the lock option in the filter.. should it be enabled somewhere in profiles or elsewhere. can you post a pic as to where you are seeing the lock option... Thanks
Swapnil Pal 4Swapnil Pal 4
Hi Sruthi,

Please find the screenshot below regarding the lock filters:
User-added image