function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mohit SMohit S 

How to select desired column in look up result?

i have created look up relationship between two objects but i am unable to select desired column i.e. i can see customer id, cust name,city i want to select Cust name it's allowing to select cuse id only..kindly help me to solve this query...
Keyur  ModiKeyur Modi
Hi Mohit,

do you want to changes loopkup windows fields then that you can do it on from search layout section of object. I.g of you want to change search layout of account object then SETUP--> quick searchbox type account--> below account there is search layout

If you have issue like on record level it is showing customer ID instead of customer name then that one is because while creating objet you have selected default field(either autonumer or Text ) in this you have selected autonumber so as per salesforce standard whatever field you created while creating oject will be diplayed on your record.

Please let me know if you need any guidance in this.

Thanks,
Keyur Modi

Mohit SMohit S
Thanks keyur.
I have 2 objects sales Enquiry and sales visit
ObJECT NAME:sales enquiry
Fields: Enquiry ID (auto number),salesman name (Text 255), Country(Picklist),state(Dependent picklist),city(Dependent picklist),Zip
    Appointment date(Date),Email (Email), Contact (Numbar 18)    

ObJECT NAME:Sales Visit
Fields: Visit ID (auto number),Customer Name(Look up sales enquiry),

I have already modified search layout, but i want to select cust name through lookp  but in that window i m unable to show cust name..which is text it is allowing me select salesman name only..

Keyur  ModiKeyur Modi
Hi Mohit, It will show salesaman Name only Customer Name is lookup to salesenquiry so it will show salesman Name only, what you can do is either create new record type or piclist field on sales enquiry object and based on lookup fielter it will give only customer name only

if you don't want to add field or record type what you can do is , you can create seprate object called customer Name which you can use as lookup to Sales visit object.

Please let me know either I have understood coorrectly or not.

Thanks, 
Keyur Modi 
Mohit SMohit S
yes Keyur thanks...this is helpful..
I need one more help.I need to mark last sales visit ans want to send mail to manager.In mail it should show  salespersones all visits throughout day.i have provided checkbox in visit object to mark last visit.But i dont know how to activate workflow rule to send mail on checkbox tick.
and how i can show all visits in email template...pls guide

Thanks for your guidence till now.

Mohit