function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Web Team 9Web Team 9 

Related contact to related invoice

Hi all,

I am building the ability to invoice per opportunity via the appexchange.

It's setup that we have an opportunity that has a contact associated with it (the lead for that specific project... we can deal with up to 1000 people per company). From there, when the opportunity is complete, we can create an invoice. In that invoice, we need to put who the lead for that specific project is (based on who was the lead in the opportunity). I can't seem to work it out; I've checked formulat fields and can't seem to find a opportunity>Contact/Primary Contact. Am I missing something? 

I don't want to do a 'lookup' field because if the end user is already choosingn the primary contact at the opportunity level, I don't want them to have a second search/click. 

Screenshots of my opportunity and invoice attached. 

Invoice Detail ScreenshotOpportunity Detail Screenshot

Any help appreciated. 

Keyur  ModiKeyur Modi
Hi Web Team, 

Please share process flow of invoce creation , 

as per above description I have uderstood that , once opportunity get created, what ever contact related to this opporutnity shoud auto populate to related child of this opportunity. 

for example :- opp1 have realted contact called cont1 and opp1 have invoice called invoice1 which is child of opp1  the in invoice 1 contact should auto populated as cont1 . 

if above mentioned scenario is correct that this task you can achieve it through process builder or apex trigger, you have to make field conact on invoice as read only ( if it is editable then you have to write trigger for udpate as well) , and based on updates you can update invoice contact. 

As there is less clarity in this question, Please let me know if you need more guidance with more clarity.

Thanks,
Keyur Modi
Avantika ThakurAvantika Thakur
Also as an extension of the above feature - it would be great to disable the main contact from receiving all support ticket notices and domain notices as well.
When a sub-contact sends an email in and it's piped to the support system, the main contact has no need to also receive the reply to their support ticket.
Same for domains as well - if they're going to the contact who manages domains, no need for the main account holder to receive notifications.
Avantika ThakurAvantika Thakur
so Keyur have you try that i send you msg have you do these steps please let me know if you wants any help for me i will do that . (http://bhagwantmann.in)
Keyur  ModiKeyur Modi
Hi Avantika thakur,

I didn't get your last two comments, can you please be more specific about this 

Thanks, 
Keyur Modi