function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anthony_LulloAnthony_Lullo 

external identity

I'm going through the trailhead Identity for Customers.  In the second unit, Prepare Your Org for External Identity, the instructions to create a profile is to clone the standard profile External Identity User.  I'm in my dev org and I do not see that profile.  What would I need to do to get that profile to be visible?
Prateek Singh SengarPrateek Singh Sengar
Hi Anthony,
External Identity User is available by default in devloper orgs. Its an additional license for others. Can you please provide a screenshot of your profile view.
Penny HammondPenny Hammond
I have an old dev org (with many badges attached to it!) and i'm having the same issue - there's no External Identity User profile.

The challenge instructions start with "Sign up for a new DE org" - I'm guessing that's their way of covering this issue.
Mike LeopoldMike Leopold
I have run into the same issue.  I don't see any conclusion to this thread.  Is there a workaround?  How do we get the External Identiy User setup on our Dev Org? 

Nidhi SoniNidhi Soni
User-added image

User-added image

Can someone explain this error. I am doing this in new org !

Mike LeopoldMike Leopold
I ran into this same issue. I ended up having to create another sandbox to complete the exercise. The new sandbox (created through trailhead) had the missing profile. Get Outlook for Android