function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John NeffJohn Neff 

How can I indent the second, third, etc lines of wrapped text in Visualforce?

Hello, 

I am working on creating a Contract template in visualforce, and I have to display a few numbered lists.  I am using a seperate outputtext for each item in the list, like so: 

<apex:outputText >
A.  Item A and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent?
</apex:outputText>
<br/>
<br/>
B.  Item B and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent?
<br/>
<br/>
C.  Item C and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent?
<br/>
<br/>
D.  Item D and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent?

How do I specify that when the text wraps on to a second line, it becomes indented? 

Thanks in advance!

John
Ajay LAjay L
Hi John,

Let me know, if this is helphful

---------------------------------------------
<apex:page >

<head>
<style>
.letterList{
list-style-type: upper-alpha;
}
</style>
</head>

<ol class="letterList" type="a">
<li>Item A and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent? A.  Item A and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent? A.  Item A and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent?</li>
<li>Item A and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent? A.  Item A and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent? A.  Item A and corresponding text, this could wrap into a second, third, fourth, etc line.  How can I make the lines indent?</li>
</ol>

</apex:page>
-----------------------------------------------
Output:
User-added image