function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
College ManagementCollege Management 

API to retrieve dependant states on selecting country ?

Hi, I would like to retrieve dependant states whenever i select country from picklist both in Visualforce/Controller using Script/apex resp.
Any API ? whenever i send request with "countrycode/integrationvalue" so that i can able to get dependant "statecodes/integrationvalue".

Thanks !
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Please refer below help document of Salesforce for states and countries it may help you.

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=admin_state_country_picklists_overview.htm&language=en_US

If this helps you, please mark it as solved so that it will make for others as a proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
College ManagementCollege Management

Appreciate your response,

I have already gone through the link which you've provided, it is related to configuration part as shown below.

Setup --> Left Side Bar --> Data Management --> State and Country/Territory Picklists

User-added image

If you check in above image Integration Value is used by salesforce to get new picklist values, As per my understanding they are making a request (API) by passing Integration Value and getting dependant states as response and displaying in state fields. I need to implement such kinda stuff to fulfill my requirement.

Thanks !