function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VamsiVamsi 

can we override save and close button on case edit or remove from page layout

Hi,

Can someone please let me know, Can we override the standard save and close button on case edit page or remove from page layout 
Prateek Singh SengarPrateek Singh Sengar
Hi Vamshi,
You can not override save button of case object, however you can override the edit button, this edit button can be replaced by your custom case edit VF page which can have its own save, cancel buttons. 

VamsiVamsi
Hi Prateek,

Sorry, If I have confused you with the above. I mean to say standard button save&close that will appear once you click on edit on a record 

User-added image
Prateek Singh SengarPrateek Singh Sengar
Hi Vamshi,
No i was not confused, The standard save and save and close buttons can't be overriden. The only way to have your custom save logic is to override the edit button and have a custom vf page for edit. This custom vf page can have your own save button with custom logic.
VamsiVamsi
Thank you. Is their any chance that we can remove it from page layout or any work around for that.

Because we have replaced the standard close case button with custom close case button that will open a vf page to perform the required actions. But some users are closing the cases through save&close button on edit page and we are missing some functionality that are carried out through custom close case button