function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Keita Tanaka 1Keita Tanaka 1 

Formula error - field is not recognized

Hi everyone - I am Keita, preliminary user in Sales Force hence excuse me in advance if my question is "out of whack" .

I am trying to implment the following formula column for one of the summary reports I have generated to capture the days until "Bid due date", but every time I click "OK" to run the formula I encounter an error as per red description in the screen capture ("Error: Invalid custom summary formula definition: Field Bid_Due_date does not exist. Check spelling")

Formula: Bid_Due_date - TODAY (  )

1. Is there a specific sequence (i.e. number of spaces, Capital rules, underbar rules) when citing a Field in the formula?
2. How can I rectify this issue?

I have gone through the training material of which I can access, but do not understand what I am doing wrong here.
Appreciate your kind inputs!

Thanks,
Keita

User-added image 

sailee handesailee hande
hi keitha,

It should be Bid_Due_date__c. then it will work as all salesforce custom objects/fields are alsways appended with __c.If this works then let me know.

Regards,
Sailee
Keita Tanaka 1Keita Tanaka 1
Hi Sailee,

Thank you so much for your inputs on this.
I did give it a shot on the above approach, but am still encountering the same issue. Just to confirm;

1. "_" This would indicate an underbar and not a space bar right?
2. How do you identify whether the field is a custom field or not - The "Bid Due Date" field can be selected from the left pane in the below screen capture and possible fed from each opportunity page.

User-added image

Thanks you again,
Keita