function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chinna SfdcChinna Sfdc 

Need Workflow Rule

Hi Team,

Is there any possible to send task completion email notification to owner using workflows.If it possible please update the steps hear.

Thanks in Advance

SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
Are you talking about the owner of the task record? If yes, you can just create a workflow on Task object which will send the email notification to the Record Owner. You can select Record Owner as a recepient.
Chinna SfdcChinna Sfdc
Hi Shalabh_enFORCEr,

Thanks for your reply.My requirement is If task is completed Opportunity owner should get an email like your task has been completed along with task details.Can you please provide me the workflow steps how we can approach.

Thanks in Advance
In this case, first you need to write a trigger to populate the Opportunty Owner's email address on the task record. Then, you can select email field in the recepients.
Chinna SfdcChinna Sfdc
@Shalabh_enFORCEr,
I have tried but some standard emails are firing..So that is why we are trying to find the solution from workflows.Can you please help us

Thanks
You can't select Opportunity Owner as a recepient directly from Task. You have to store the email address on the task record itself.
Chinna SfdcChinna Sfdc
@Shalabh_enFORCEr.

Thanks for Quick reply..So we can't create workflows.We can acheive using trigger? Is there any possibility to sending task completion emails apart from trigger?.Can you tell me onthing how to stop the task standard emails?

Thanks
You can send emails using trigger but first you have to populate the opportunity owner's email address in a custom field on Task so that you can use that field while selecting recepients on email alert.
Which standard emails are you getting?
Chinna SfdcChinna Sfdc
Hi ,Shalabh_enFORCEr

The below email am getting when assigning the task and complition the task.How to stop these emails.

Task 
To: Chinna
Srinivas Aemula has assigned you the following task:
Subject:  Email
Opportunity: Test
Priority: Normal
Comments: Test 

For more details, click the following link:
https://ap2.salesforce.com/00T2800000lahYR 
Thanks