function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jim BahanJim Bahan 

Trailhead Two-Factor Authentication for every login, new employee account email link to set password not working

I'm working on Trailhead User Authentication > Secure Your Users' Identity >  Set Up Two-Factor Authentication for Every Login.  When I create an employee account for Sia Thripio and click the link that was emailed to me to set a password, it takes me to the standard login page and doesn't let me set a password.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?
Best Answer chosen by Jim Bahan
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jim Bahan,

This happens when you are already login with another username so before clicking on the link send to your email, please log out all other accounts in Salesforce.

If you still have problem create fresh DE and try this so that previous config changes does not affect this challenge.

If you wish to have the points/badges to be in the sameTrailhead account, then you have the option to work on.Initially login to trailhead profile where you want the points/badges and then connect to the DE account where you will be working on that particular challenge. Finally, click on "Verify" at the bottom of the page to complete your challenge. For reference, please check the below link.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000005JciIAE

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jim Bahan,

This happens when you are already login with another username so before clicking on the link send to your email, please log out all other accounts in Salesforce.

If you still have problem create fresh DE and try this so that previous config changes does not affect this challenge.

If you wish to have the points/badges to be in the sameTrailhead account, then you have the option to work on.Initially login to trailhead profile where you want the points/badges and then connect to the DE account where you will be working on that particular challenge. Finally, click on "Verify" at the bottom of the page to complete your challenge. For reference, please check the below link.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000005JciIAE

Hope this helps you!

Please accept my solution as Best Answer if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution. If you felt I went above and beyond, you can give me kudos.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

This was selected as the best answer
Jim BahanJim Bahan
Sandhya,

creating a new DE worked like a charm. Thanks for the help!