function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Admin User 5417Admin User 5417 

Cant get public access Salesforce Page, Why is that?

I'm trying to create a visual force page that has only 1 line for getting the contact name.
<apex:page sidebar="false" showHeader="false" cache="false" standardStylesheets="false" docType="html-5.0" standardController="Contact" > 
<apex:pageBlock >
 <h1>Hello {!Contact.name}</h1> 
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

This page is in a SF.com site that i'v created.
the problem is that i'm getting an unauthorized message that public user cant access for this page. It happens because i'm trying to access the contact object. I believe its admin configuration.
Can someone help me with that by writing the steps for getting public access for this page and the contact object?
Eg:
Go to ->
Do that
and so ...
Note! please don't send any URL referrals for this, Thanx :)
Sunny Gill 5Sunny Gill 5
Hi Admin user5417,

You need to go to your site and then to the profiles associated to it. Then under Visual pages section , you need to add the page you just created and also permission to contact object should be given as create , read and update for guest user profile associated to your site and its done :)

Still if you face any issues, just let us know

pmbpmb
I am trying to do the same thing. I've checked to be sure the VF page was added to the site. also checked the appropriate (standard) objects had read/create on the profile. still telling me I am not authorized. I've been pointed repeatedly to the documentation and still cant seem to figure out where my poermissions are off.
Sunny Gill 5Sunny Gill 5
Hi pmb, Can you post your controller code also to find out the problem.