function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jasper MillerJasper Miller 

Delete default/sample data from salesforce developer

Hi,
Is there a way to delete the sample data from the developer edition of SalesForce i.e. United Oil and Gas, University of Arizona etc., opportunities, products and all, so that the system is totally empty?
Using Mass Delete Records leaves the sample data.
Thanks
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
hi Jasper
If your organization is still in "Trial," you can delete all data by clicking on:

Setup | Administration Setup | Data Management | Mass Delete Records

The Delete All Data tool will delete ALL data within your organization. Once deleted, this data cannot be recovered. Do not use this link unless you wish to delete all data. 

Thanks 
If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.

Jasper MillerJasper Miller
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. As mentioned in my question, Mass Delete Records does not remove the default/sample records.

Dobromir KotsevDobromir Kotsev

Hi Jasper, 

I was in the same situtation trying to get rid of all sample data. Problem is that for example Accounts are linked to Opportuniitie and you need first to delete all opportunities in order to delete all Acoounts

HoweverI dont think you can mass delete Opportunities without  3 rd party app. Thats why I would suggest delete them manually one by one(deleting  the sample opps should not take more than 5 mins of work). After that is done you can Mass Delete the Accounts. After Accounts you can mass delete Cases and then mass delete Contacts. 

BrendanMurphyBrendanMurphy
I know this is an old question, but had the same issue.  I was able to do this with Workbench (https://workbench.developerforce.com/login.php).  I would download all the IDs for an object into a CSV file, then use the Delete functionality using that file.  I went in this order and had no issues, and only took a few minutes. 
  1. Cases
  2. Opportunities
  3. Contacts
  4. Accounts
My org is now squeaky clean. 😊