function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Soo Kim 16Soo Kim 16 

Opportunity Stage Changes

Hello,

I would like to track opportunity stage movement.
Opportunity Stages are 1 New ,2 Pipline,3 Best Case,4 Probable, 5  Commit ,7 Closed Lost, 7 Closed Won. (Picklist)

When a Stage is moved from 2 and to 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7
Check "Stage Movement" Box

But when a Stage goes from 2 to 7 Closed Lost or Omited, 
Not 2 || Closed Lost || Omitted
Not Check "Stage Movement" Box

Is this possible?
SalesFORCE_enFORCErSalesFORCE_enFORCEr
I did not understand your question completely but what you want to achieve can be done using workflow, process builder or apex trigger.
Soo Kim 16Soo Kim 16
Can you direct me how I can do this?
From what I understood, you can simply create a workflow rule on Opportunity which will run on create and edit and the rule criteria will be something like this:
OR(
AND(
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVAL(StageName,'Pipeline')),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Best Case')
),
OR(
Next Condition
)
)

Then, create a field update to set Stage Movement to True or False accordingly.
Soo Kim 16Soo Kim 16
Thank you for your help Shalabh,
I get this error message.  Can you tell me what i need to fix?

OR(
AND(
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVAL(StageName,'Pipeline')),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Best Case')
),
OR(
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVAL(StageName,'4 Probable')),
ISPICKVAL(StageName,'5  Commit')
)
)

Example:OwnerId <> LastModifiedByIdevaluates to true when the person who last modified the record is not the record owner.More Examples ...
Insert Operator
OR( AND( ISPICKVAL(PRIORVAL(StageName,'Pipeline')), ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Best Case') ), OR( ISPICKVAL(PRIORVAL(StageName,'4 Probable')), ISPICKVAL(StageName,'5 Commit') ) )
Error: Field StageName is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions. <a href="javascript:openPopupFocusEscapePounds('https://help.salesforce.com/apex/htdoor?loc=help&target=tips_on_building_formulas.htm%23picklists_and_msps&section=Customizing&language=en_US&release=202.21.1&instance=CS45', 'Help', 1024, 768, 'width=1024,height=768,resizable=yes,toolbar=yes,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,menubar=yes,directories=no,location=yes,dependant=no', false, false);">Tell me more</a>
  Functions

Sorry, the correct syntax is 
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName),'Pipeline')
karthikeyan perumalkarthikeyan perumal
Hello Soo Kim16 

Use ProccessBuilder for the same, you do not need to write a formula with multiple condition. the process flow will be in point and click using process builder. 

Thanks
karthik