function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Robert Davis 1Robert Davis 1 

Home Missing from Sidebar After Trailhead

I am certain that I am missing something, and am hoping someone can point me to the correct instructions. I did the Trailhead to create a custom homepage, Lightning App Builder, Building a Custom Home Page for Lightning Experience. But ever since then the Home icon on the sidebar is gone and the user goes directly to the Opportunity tab / page.

Can anyone help. I looked and looked but could not find anything that worked for me. Thanks in advance.

Robert

Best Answer chosen by Robert Davis 1
Was able to add a permission set that allowed the Home page to be seen. I still do not know why it disappeared after it I did a custom Home Page.

All Answers

Well, I think I figured it out. I need to create a Navigation Menu and add the Home icon back to a side bar and then use that side bar for the profile that I used the "new/revised" home page for.

So it is Setup > Quick Find box enter Navigation Menus > New > Name > Next > select icons you want and move and Next > select profiles you want and Save & Finish

Hope that helps someone.
Well, I thought that placing on the Navigation Menu would do the trick but it the Home icon is still not there.
Was able to add a permission set that allowed the Home page to be seen. I still do not know why it disappeared after it I did a custom Home Page.
This was selected as the best answer