function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michalene BeckerMichalene Becker 

Mass undelete with Workbench

I'm trying to "undelete" records following the Workbench steps in this article and am getting this error when I try to "undelete" with a csv file:

"Application Error: An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details."

However, it seems to delete a few hundred records. Does anyone know how many records you can "undelete" at one time? I have 15k recoreds to recover. 
Michalene BeckerMichalene Becker
What I meant was... What's the limit on the number of records that I can recover via "undelete" by csv in Workbench. I see all 15k records are available to be recovered, but when I try to undelete with a csv file, I get the error below.
Andrew BartelsAndrew Bartels
I have exactly that situation. Did you ever find a resolution to your problem. 
Ezra Kenigsberg @ BCEzra Kenigsberg @ BC
After I click "Confirm Undelete", Workbench returns to an error page--BUT it has started undeleting.

My subjective tips & tricks:
  • The undelete moves at the speed of a Salesforce Data Loader job (200 records every ~5-10 seconds, YMMV).
  • In my experience,
    • the upper limit for one Workbench undelete file is 50,000 records;
    • Workbench doesn't complain if it's given records that were
      • never deleted or
      • have already been undeleted;
    • running simultaneous undeletes produces faster results, but frequently fails mid-job. This requires going back into Workbench's Undelete interface and starting each halted undelete job again.
  • I track the undelete's progress by
    1. creating a Report that counts the number of records Last Modified by me very recently (eg, in the past hour), and
    2. opening a browser pointing at the last record in the delete set. Once it shows a record, the undelete is complete.
Manas Kulkarni 9Manas Kulkarni 9
Tried undeleting a list of ~36,000 leads and running into the following error:

"Application error || An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details. You can do this from the Heroku CLI with the command"

It does look like it undeleted about ~6k, but then it stopped. Any idea how to make sure all are being deleted?
Adam Vatterott 2Adam Vatterott 2
I had the exact same experience as Ezra Kenigsberg 6 from 2019. 
I get the error, but somewhere between 200 and 1,000 records are successfully deleted before the error shows. Not fun when you need to undelete thousands of records.