function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 54Glenn Nyhan 54 

Workflow Rule or Process Builder?

I'm trying to create a Workflow Rule if the Oppportunity Amount is <= $299 then update 2 Contact Object picklist fields, one called Member Level , choosing the value of 'Current', and a 2nd picklist field called Member Status, choosing the value of 'Light'. Not sure if I should even try this with a Workflow Rule, or try to set it up in Process Builder. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Best Answer chosen by Glenn Nyhan 54
Lucas Duque 9Lucas Duque 9
Hello !!!

karthikeyan, I agree with you!

Gleen, you should consider the following, a single process builder can do what it would take multiple workflow rules to do, which helps u avoid limits.
Beyond that, a process builder includes almost all the functionality that's avaible with Workflow.

This is what I would do in that your case Gleen, use process builder.

I hope I helped you !

Good work for you!!!
Lucas.

All Answers

karthikeyan perumalkarthikeyan perumal
Hello Glenn, 

Use Process builder insted of WorkFlow. Process builder is more effficent. as you said you are going to update 2 picklist. so use process builder. 

Thanks
Karthik

Lucas Duque 9Lucas Duque 9
Hello !!!

karthikeyan, I agree with you!

Gleen, you should consider the following, a single process builder can do what it would take multiple workflow rules to do, which helps u avoid limits.
Beyond that, a process builder includes almost all the functionality that's avaible with Workflow.

This is what I would do in that your case Gleen, use process builder.

I hope I helped you !

Good work for you!!!
Lucas.
This was selected as the best answer
Glenn Nyhan 54Glenn Nyhan 54
Hello Lucas and Karthikeyan,

Thanks so much for answering my questions. Hopefully I have the ability to create this solution in Process Builder. I'm pretty new at using it, but I appreciate both of your comments, very very helpful. I wish I mark you both as Best Answer...:-)

Warmest Regards,

Glenn