function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Purushottam Gupta 8Purushottam Gupta 8 

Packaged permission sets is not available on sandbox instance

We installed one managed package on our production instance that contains on permission set, but this packed permission set is not available in our sandbox instance, Please let me know if anyone knows the reason and this kind of behavior. 
Ture Hoefner .Ture Hoefner .
Hi Purushottam,
  Are you certain that you installed the package on the production org before the sandbox was created or refreshed?  Are you certain that the permission set component was included in the version of the package that you installed in production before making the sandbox copy?

I work for Salesforce so I did some searching through the resources available to me for issues in the area of packaged permission sets and sandbox copies and found nothing.  I could have missed something or there could be a previously undiscovered problem here so if you are certain that the sandbox has been refreshed sometime after the package with the perm set was installed onto the production org then you may want to contact support for diagnosis that will be easier to do when they have your org IDs and other info.

Good luck!

----
Ture Hoefner