function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul GintherPaul Ginther 

Update Case After Contact Record is Updated by Flow

In our call center, Agents open new cases and select the appropriate Account and Contact at the beginning of each call.  They then review the complete contact information that is brought into the case on Save.  If any of the three PC Configuration fields on the Contact Record need to be updated, they can run a Flow from the Case record that prompts them to select the correct options.  The Flow then updates this information directly on the Contact record.  All of this is working perfectly.  However, I really need to update the current Case with the new information after the Contact update is complete.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to manage the Case update?  Is that something that should be done as part of the Flow?  Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Paul,

This is absolutely possible via a Flow and it is a great candidate for such design. If you haven't worked with Flows before, I would recommend going through the following guide (Step 1 to Step 6):
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.workbook.meta/workbook/flow_0_intro.htm

You would basically need two things here:

1. A custom button on Case object that launches the Flow
2. A Flow with a screen element and a record update element which collects user input and then updates related Contact

If you have trouble designing the custom button code, here is another great resource that will help (Step 7, page 38):
https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/sfdc/pdf/workbook_flow.pdf

Please close this thread by marking it as solved so that experts from the community will be able to answer some other posts who are looking for help.

Best Regards,
Nagendra.P
Paul GintherPaul Ginther

Thanks for the response Nagendra.  I've created the flow and the custom button.  I'm just trying to determine how to "refresh" the contact information on the existing Case record after the Configuration fields are updated on the Contact record. The fields displaying this information in the Case record are formula fields.  I didn't see a way to update those directly using Update Record in the flow.  Is there another way to refresh that information or do I need to change tactics and make those fields Text fields and use workflow to populate them on the Case record?