function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
abhik dey 1abhik dey 1 

Unable to use "Query Editor" in developer console

While trying to use the query editor in developer console.

"SELECT ID FROM ACCOUNT"

It throws an erorr saying "This session is not valid for use with the REST API". Any idea what excatly tthe issue here. Earlier it workerd fine.
The same problem when i click on "Open" dialog of developer console and select objects.

"CANNOT LOAD OBjects.This session is not valid for use with the REST API"
KevinPKevinP
Abhik,

I've hit this before with firefox. You didn't mention what browser you're using, but there are a couple of things that might help, regardless of the browser.
  1. Log out of Salesforce in every tab!
  2. Reset your cookies/stored data.
  3. Restart the browser
After one or more of those, try logging in and firing up the developer console.
abhik dey 1abhik dey 1
Hi kevin, I am facing this issue in both chrome and IE browser. I tried logging out , clear all browsing history and also re install the browser. But still the same..I can access pages and classes but when I select object in the open dialog of devloper console. I faced this issue.
Jonathon JurischJonathon Jurisch
Another thing to possibly try is to add the "Use Any API Client" system permission to your profile - or expose it with a permission set which is what we do. This seems to be required for the Query Editor, but not any of the other developer console functions. 

If there is another way to allow this without needing the system permission I would love to know. 

User-added image