function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vish hvish h 

Sharing the records with group.

Hi,

I have scenario where I have 3 teams(A,B, C) and one custom object X. Team members of A should not see each other records in the Object X . and Team members of B should be able to see each other records in object X. and Team members have should be having full permissions of object X.

Here I followed the steps to implement this.

1. I have  profile with CRED permissions on Object X and assigned it all Teams A,B,C members and all belong to same Role hierarchy.
2. I have set the OWD for Object X is private. (so here Team A members cant see each other records).
3. I have created permission set with View and modify all on the object X and assigned it to Team C users.

4. For Team B, I have created public group called Team B group. I have created sharing rule on Object X(Read Only) and share the records created by anyone from Team B group to Team B group. But this is not working. I dont know where its going wrong. Team B members can create records on object X but they cant see each other records. Please help me to resolve this

Thanks
VIsh

Vivian Charlie 1208Vivian Charlie 1208

Hi Vish,

What you have implemented is absolutely right. Please try re-calculating the sharing rules for object X once.

I guess that should resolve the problem.

Thanks

Vivian

vish hvish h
Hi Vivian, Thanks for your reply. I did twice recalculating. But no luck. I'm implementing this in developer edition and users are assigned to standard platform license ..
Vivian Charlie 1208Vivian Charlie 1208

Hi Vish,

Thats a bit weird, because I am not even able to provide CRUD permissions for any custom object for the Salesforce Platform profile

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_license_types_available.htm&language=en_US

Thanks

Vivian

vish hvish h
Can you please try with standard contact object and see.