function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anupama@28Anupama@28 

rerender outputpanel is not working

We have a visualforce page where we have used actionsupport with rerendering  attribute for refreshing a output panel which worked good till 6th-May-2016 IST, and then suddenly stopped working i.e. currently rerendering is not working for outputpanel i. I just want help kin knowing is it because the latest release or something wrong in our code.

The code sample is as below
<apex:outputPanel id="Newcase" >                                          
                                        <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!IF(editAccount,true,false)}">
                                            <label>Account: </label>
                                            <apex:selectList size="1" value="{!selectedPartneraccount}" styleClass="form-control" >                             
                                                <apex:selectOptions value="{!partneraccountoptions}"/> 
                                                <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" reRender="Newcase" status="loading" />                                 
                                            </apex:selectList>

<label>Machine ID: </label>                                                               
                                            <apex:selectList size="1" value="{!selectedMachineId}" styleClass="form-control" id="mId">
                                                <apex:selectOptions value="{!machineIdoptions}" />
                                                <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" reRender="Newcase" status="loading"/>    
                                            </apex:selectList>
                                        </apex:outputPanel>
                                    </apex:outputPanel>

Thanks in advance.

Rohit K SethiRohit K Sethi
Hi Anupama,

Your code is fine as visualforce page you are send. And there is no issue related to new release. I thing are you using "editAccount" Boolean variable this is not set as true due to some condition in your controller.Check your controller for this page with all condtion are you sets.

If still you have issue plz send controller code so we can analysis exaactly what is the issue there.

Thanks.
Anupama@28Anupama@28
Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

I have inspected the page and found the error 'Uncaught ReferenceError: A4J is not defined'  then i have added the below script to my VF page hence its working now.

<script src="/faces/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.AjaxScript?rel=1461363219000" type="text/javascript"></script>

Thanks,
Anupama
salesforceMannsalesforceMann
Hi Anupama,

I just thought it might be worthwhile to read the below post: https://salesforcemann.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/part-0-visualforce-rendering-woes/