function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jean-philippe lingrand 9jean-philippe lingrand 9 

What is the scope of a AppExchange application

Hello,
I am new on Salesforce and i do not see well what is the scope of an application on the AppExchange platform.
I mean i know that an application is a set of tabs, I guess you can also create some custom objects, pages and controllers. But what if i want to custom existing tabs of someone who download the app.
For instance is it possible to add a new button on the Accounts Leads and Contacts tabs?
Vasani ParthVasani Parth
Jean - Welcome to this wonderful developer community.

The AppExchange is the world’s leading business app marketplace. AppExchange apps are customized for Salesforce and extend Salesforce to every department and every industry. "Apps on the AppExchange are distributed in managed or unmanaged packages. Packages are containers that hold the code and metadata associated with apps or components. Managed packages are maintained by the app provider and can be upgraded by the customer. Unmanaged packages are templates where the underlying code can be seen and changed but not upgraded. Package type is listed on the Details tab of an AppExchange listing."

So, if it is your unmanaged package, you can make the necessary changes.

Please mark this as the best answer if this helps
jean-philippe lingrand 9jean-philippe lingrand 9
Thank you for your response. In fact i would like to distribute an app in the appExchange as ISV. I would like that this app automaticaly add buttons into Leads and Contacts pages of my clients. Is it possible?